IDLE won't wrap lines of text

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:38:39 EST 2011

On Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:51:38 PM UTC-4, Dick Moores wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 18:32, Rhodri James <rho... at wildebst.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 01:41:12 -0000, Richard D. Moores <rdmo... at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Take a look at <http://tutoree7.pastebin.com/EmyQTaYt>
> >
> > I see.  I'd recommend the approach of sticking your source data in a
> > separate text file (using a text editor rather than IDLE) in any case;
> > it's much less of a pain to change what you are working on that way.
>
> Problem is I know of no text editor that can handle Japanese.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick

The editor in Crunchy (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy) appears to be working just fine with the sample code you posted (at least when using Python 3 - I got an error when using it to run the code with Python 2). That being said, I would not recommend it for heavy work....

An editor that seems to work just fine (although it took a long time to load the sample code) is SublimeText (http://www.sublimetext.com/) - version 2 alpha; it is becoming my editor of choice.

André