where to import

Santoso Wijaya santoso.wijaya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:12:10 EST 2011

As a general rule, I group all my imports in the beginning of the module's
source, even if it is only used a handful of times by a few functions.

However, on such cases as the import is only needed by specific function(s)
zero or once, then I do the import in the function itself. Importing
argparse, for example:

import sys

def api_func(*args, **kwargs):
pass