2to3

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Thu Feb 17 05:32:28 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:11 AM, andrea crotti
<andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be an almost automated way to develop for both python 2.x and
> 3.x?
<snip>
> Then after that how do I test the various versions with the various python
> versions in a portable way?
>
> I could just have a bash script that calls
>
> python2 empathy.py
> python3 empathy3.py
>
> but it's probably not very portable..

Actually, so long as you specify a bit more specific versions, e.g.:

python2.7 empathy.py
python3.1 empathy3.py

it should be fine on most *nixes. Windows would of course require a
separate, but analogous, batch file or similar. As for porting the
tests themselves, yes, that could be an issue.

Cheers,
Chris