lint warnings

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 15 00:45:15 EST 2011

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:10:38 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > The ‘map’ builtin is deprecated;
>
> I don't believe it is. Do you have any evidence for this claim?

I was mis-remembering PEP 3100.

Anyway, I regard it as deprecated; list comprehensions are more flexible
and cleaner. I agree with the ‘pylint’ warning to that effect.

--
 \       “Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual |
  `\       profit without individual responsibility.” —Ambrose Bierce, |