Extending classes __init__behavior for newbies

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Feb 13 23:39:02 EST 2011

Am 14.02.2011 00:12, schrieb rantingrick:
> False! There IS harm in using super when super not needed. The
> difference is readability! And don't downplay that aspect. You
> yourself have said this in the past. It seems *some* of us have very
> short memories.

Of course you are entitled to have your own opinion and own coding
style. You are also allowed to disregard the opinion of experienced
Python developers, who really know what they are talking about. But
please DO NOT teach new Python users wrong coding! I assume Benjamin
will follow the right lead here.

If you have a short memory then you should definitely use one way -- the
correct way for all cases -- to call the parent's class init method.
Otherwise your future self is going to hate your current self for
introducing potential buggy code.

Have fun ;)

Christian