files,folders,paths

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 13 20:29:27 EST 2011

ecu_jon <hayesjdno3 at yahoo.com> writes:

> here take a look.
> http://thanksforallthefish.endofinternet.net/testing.py

I think you're confusing yourself by shoving lots of experimental lines
into a large program and not isolating the problem. I see that you are
trying lots of different ways of doing the same thing, and commenting
some lines out arbitrarily.

Instead, focus on the issue that's causing you confusion: constructing a
filesystem path and testing whether it exists.

Make a *minimal* program that shows the problem you're having. Post it
*here* (that's why it's important that it be minimal), along with the
exact error traceback you get from Python when you run it.

Once you have something minimal that we, too, can run, we can comment
better on its behaviour.

--
 \        “Members of the general public commonly find copyright rules |
  `\        implausible, and simply disbelieve them.” —Jessica Litman, |