Shared memory python between two separate shell-launched processes

Miki Tebeka miki.tebeka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:18:48 EST 2011

> So speed up the compile-test cycle I'm thinking about running a
> completely separate process (not a fork, but a processed launched form
> a different terminal) that can load the cache once then dunk it in an
> area of shareed memory.    Each time I debug the main program, it can
> start up quickly and read from the shared memory instead of loading
> the cache itself.
You can fork and set "hard" breakpoint using "import pdb; pdb.set_trace()". Not sure how Emacs will handle that but you can use pdb from the terminal. For easy forking see http://pythonwise.blogspot.com/2009/04/pmap.html :)

Another option to try is maybe mmap the file?

HTH,
--
Miki
http://pythonwise.blogspot.com