IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

Robert sigzero at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 12:07:41 EST 2011

On 2011-02-04 13:34:42 -0500, rantingrick said:

> I don't care who *that* person is as long as *they* are willing to
> push IDLE forward. I would be honored to accept the reigns and lead OR
> follow someone else's lead. But we need to receive the old idlefork or
> have them delete the old idle fork as too much confusion will spread
> with when two idleforks exists.

There is a movement afoot to update IDLE. I am going to be a part of that.

There is an implementation called VIDLE that made some changes and
those are going to be integrated in before the major refactorings
begin. This initial push will hit both 2.7.x (I think I read it right)
and 3.x lines.

Going forward though we are going to focus on IDLE in the 3.x series
only. There is a nice list of changes and some folks that are willing
to help when the repo goes into Mercurial.

--
Robert