Use the Source Luke

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 5 06:46:48 EST 2011

> For the Python world though, there does seem
> to have been a change.  A decade ago in this newsgroup, there were
> frequent references to standard library source.  I don't see that
> much anymore.

Popularity has a price. A decade ago only hackers were exposed to
python who are happy to chat about the source code but these days
average computer users (my grandma) frequently come across python and
ask questions from a user perspective.

So I'd think your observation is correct that the ratio of source
related posts to non-source related posts on this list went down but
the reason is not because the total number of source related questions
decreased but because the total number of non-source related questions
increased.

Cheers,
Daniel