IDLE: A cornicopia of mediocrity and obfuscation.

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Fri Feb 4 18:24:06 EST 2011

On 2/4/11 3:01 PM, rantingrick wrote:
>> Put your money where your mouth is.
>
> ditto!

I thought as much.

My money is where my mouth is: but that is not IDLE, as I have no use
for it and no interest in it at all. The status quo with regards to IDLE
is satisfactory to me.

You're the one talking so much about how it needs to improve. So do it.
Get started. Now.

But you'll just find another excuse to rant on like you always do, and
be basically useless.

Me, I _have_ contributed patches: I have released actual code that
actual people have found actually useful. I do run two build slaves and
proactively try to assist in resolving issues that come up with Python's
testing (usually: ouch, there's a lot of red at the moment, must get
cracking) and stability.

So, yeah. You're the hypocrite here, man.

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai