socket.rcv timeout while-loop

Dwayne Blind dwayneblind at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:02:26 EST 2011

Thanks Stephen. It's really nice of you.

I have not understood everything though. (I have never used a context
manager before.)

Here are some comments :

     timeout = s.gettimeout()    # Is that the default timeout ?
     s.settimeout(3) # I guess this is a 3 second timeout
     s.recv(1024)
     s.settimeout(timeout) # You change it back ?

So with a while loop, it should be :

     timeout = s.gettimeout()
     s.settimeout(3)
     b=time.clock()