jQuery-like sliding container animations for Tkinter?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Sat Feb 26 19:24:54 EST 2011

Any thoughts on the ability to implement jQuery-like sliding
container animations in Tkinter? By jQuery animations I mean the
smooth sliding effects one sees on many websites where containers
slide in and out of visible view or smoothly shrink or grow?

My working knowledge of Tkinter tells me that Tkinter's pack and
grid layout techniques will not be optimal for the above type of
animations.

Is there a Tkinter technique or underlying TCL technique that
might support these type of effects?

Thank you,
Malcolm