getpass and IDEs

Andrew none at none.com
Fri Feb 25 11:50:35 EST 2011

I find that calling getpass produces a warning noting that it can't
suppress output, if I'm using idle, wingide, or a few others. If I'm
running from the console it works fine, but then I can't make use of
ide-integrated debugging.

I know I could just set up a test account for development purposes if
I'm concerned about shoulder surfers, and that's probably a good idea
anyway. But I'm curious what's different about IDE environments that
makes it impossible to suppress output on them, and if there's anything
that might be done about this.

--

Andrew