QWebView: notify python when I clicked on a certain web eleemnt

Gelonida gelonida at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:06:19 EST 2011

I have a web page (existing page, can't modify it) and I would like
to browse it in a QtWebview. (This is already working)

Now I Wonder how I could achieve following behaviour:

When I click on a certain element e.g. "<span id="clickme"></a>"
I would like to notify my python script.

What is important:
I don't want to change anything else in the web pages behaviour (This
means if clicking on this element will call some java script functions,
load a pag, then this should still happen.

What is the correct way to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions