lint warnings

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:48:18 EST 2011

I work on emacs with flymake activated and pylint, pyflakes and pep8 running in background to notify for some style problems.

Now there are at a couple of pylint warnings which I don't understand
1. Warning (W, filter_enums): Used builtin function 'map' [2 times]
what is the problem with using map and other builtin functions?

2. Warning (W): Relative import 'parameters', should be 'othermodule.parameters'
if I am in the same directory why should I do a relative import, does it make any difference?

I think it's more clear/safe to just import the 'parameters', am I wrong?

Thanks,
Andrea