files,folders,paths

ecu_jon hayesjdno3 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 05:06:15 EST 2011

i have a samba server at home (acting as my test environment) with one
of the 'shares' mounted as v: on my windows box. inside of that are 4
folders week[1-4]. i have created c:\users\name\backup , and put a few
files/folders in there to test with. please ignore the wxpython parts
of the script, the last 1/3, that part is functional. initial test was
looking good. (in the code, ver011 source1, destination1) coping files/
folders and not clobbering files. going to version 12a, it seems like
it is trying to copy the files under the folder, before making the
folder. or doing the copy2 part before the copytree part. i dont know
why it works on ver011, and not in ver12a, the only difference being
the destination.
facbac-011.py">facbac 011</a>
facbac-012a.py">facbac 012a</a>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "I:\college\spring11\capstone-project\facbac-012a.py", line
161, in button1Click
    backupall()
  File "I:\college\spring11\capstone-project\facbac-012a.py", line 81,
in backupall
    shutil.copy2(filesource, filedest1)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 127, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
    with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'V:\\week2\\configs\
\apache2.conf'

here, apache2.conf = c:\users\name\backup\config\apache2.conf
trying to copy to v:\week2\config\apache2.conf
but there is no v:\week2\config
as it has not made the config folder yet
i think the problem might be the \\ in the destination name.