Which non SQL Database ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Feb 11 11:49:34 EST 2011

In article <4d3c8d53$0$44021$742ec2ed at news.sonic.net>,
John Nagle  <nagle at animats.com> wrote:

>     Google's BigTable and Facebook's Cassandra offer impressive
>performance at very large scale.  But they're way overkill for
>a desktop app.  Even the midrange systems, like CouchDB, are
>far too much machinery for a desktop app.

Side note: one reason we chose Cassandra for our "midrange" requirements
was that it doesn't have master nodes, and we wanted to avoid single
point of failure.

Side note 2: do NOT run Cassandra on a virtual machine.  That was a bad
mistake we made because our performance requirements are fairly modest.

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-03-01