sending through non-default gateway

Nikola Skoric nick at fly.srk.fer.hr
Sat Feb 5 14:30:55 EST 2011

Is there a way to create a TCP connection using a gateway of my
choice?

I have a regular user account on a WinXP machine. It has a DNS server
and default gateway configured, and that DNS server and default
gateway don't see the rest of the Internet, just the local
network. But, I know an IP address of another DNS/gateway pair which
is used to access the Internet, and I can ping them (and send nslookup
queries) from my machine.

So, is there a way to tell python "don't use my default gateway, here
is an address of the gateway I want you to use"? I've been googling,
but to no avail...

--
"Now the storm has passed over me
I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea