ptrace vs. python-ptrace

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Feb 3 14:44:02 EST 2011

I'd like to do some experimentation with the Linux ptrace facility.
Before I jump in, I was wondering if anybody has any comments they'd
like to offer on the relative merits of ptrace vs. python-ptrace:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ptrace
  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ptrace

Ptrace appears to have been updated more recently that python-ptrace,
but python-ptrace includes some sample applications that probably get
me closer to my end-goal.

Are the APIs compatible (or at all similar)?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! On the road, ZIPPY
                                  at               is a pinhead without a