Which libraries for Python 2.5.2 [SOLVED]

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Thu Dec 29 14:31:17 EST 2011

On 12/29/2011 9:44 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
> <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:54:48 -0500, Dennis Lee Bieber
>> <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>  wrote:
>>
>>         Talking to myself..
>>

>>>        According to the pop-up I get (Win7) when supplying an invalid
>>> argument,
>>>
>>         Maybe regsrv32 was rewritten for Win7 64bit -- and assumed folks
>> would run it from the start dialog (or file search in Win7) since the
>> error messages do pop-up in windows, even when running in a command
>> shell.
>
> As far as I know, it's always been like that.
Well, I thought I'd take the PC to a computer shop to see why when I
move windows they shake a bit.  The technician took about 2 minutes to
show me uninstalled devices under System Devices. He thought they should
be fixed. The system was showing lots of device errors. They wanted $75
to repair it, but I told them a friend who will use the PC will have to
decide that.

This PC belonged to my wife at one time for 5 years. She had put Linux
on it, but she no longer needed it. I restored it to XP Home. When I
told her where the problems were she found a driver DVD, so I'm using it
now to fill in the gaps. Maybe it'll get by the dll problem. It
certainly is adding a VGA driver, so I think the window wobbles may get
fixed.

Well, it now works w/o any difficulty. It was the incomplete install
that did it. It now has acrobat, wallpaper, etc, like most XP systems.
No more wobbles! Yea!

Thanks to all that helped.