Where does this readOne() method come from?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:41:38 EST 2011

On 12/28/2011 2:04 PM, tinnews at isbd.co.uk wrote:
> In the (rather sparse) documentation for the vobject package it has,
> in the section about parsing iCalendar objects, the following:-
>
>      Parsing iCalendar objects
>      =========================
>
>      To parse one top level component from an existing iCalendar stream or
>      string, use the readOne function:
>
>      >>>  parsedCal = vobject.readOne(icalstream)

It is obviously supposed to come from the 'vobject' package, whatever
that is. I have never heard of vobject before, though. Try reading the
source if the doc is limited. Or ask the author or mailing list if there
is one.

> It sort of feels like "everyone knows what readOne() is",

Nope

PS You already know the answer to the question you asked in the subject
line. Better would have been "What is the vobject.readOne function?" to
catch the eye of someone who *does* know something about vobject.

--
Terry Jan Reedy