Py-dea: Streamline string literals now!

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 27 23:20:26 EST 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 19:49:12 -0800, Rick Johnson wrote:

> I believe that with the ubiquitous-ness of syntax highlight, string
> literals only need one delimiter.  In the old days (before syntax
> highlight was invented) i could understand how a programmer "might" miss
> a single (or even a triple!) closing delimiter; but those days died with
> the king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_monarchs

Thank you Rick for another non-solution to a non-problem.

How is that fork of Python going? You promised us you would revitalise
the community with a new fork of Python that throws out all the
accumulated cruft of the language. I'm sure that the silent majority who
agree with you are hanging out for your first release. I know I am.

--
Steven