Python education survey

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Tue Dec 27 21:21:49 EST 2011

On 12/27/11 19:56, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Dec 27, 3:44 pm, Eelco<hoogendoorn.ee... at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Despite the fact that you mis-attributed that quote to me,
>> im going to be a little bit offended in the name of its
>> actual author anyway. Thats a lot of words to waste on your
>> linguistic preferences. Personally, I reserve the right to
>> botch my non-native languages as much as I please.
>
> I hope you're just joking a bit because i have little respect
> for those who refuse to better themselves. If you are learning
> English as a second language then you have a legitimacy
> excuse, but at some point that excuse just becomes a lie.

I'm glad you're open to learning more about English as "used to"
is perfectly acceptable according to the World English Dictionary[1]

"""
2.  	(takes an infinitive or implied infinitive) used as an
auxiliary to express habitual or accustomed actions, states, etc,
taking place in the past but not continuing into the present: I
don't drink these days, but I used to; I used to fish here every day
"""

May you be found better for learning and come to give others the
benefit of the doubt.

-tkc

[1]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/used%20to