No subject

rozelak at volny.cz rozelak at volny.cz
Tue Dec 27 17:59:36 EST 2011

Hallo,
I have kind of special question when extening python with C++
implemented
modules.
I try to implement a class, behaving also like an array. And I need
implement slice-getters. I implemented PySequenceMethods.sq_slice to
get
"simple" slices like:
myobj[x:y]
It works perfectly, without problems. But now I have a problem when
need to
access the array with "special" slices, like:
myobj[x:y:step]
myobj[::-1]  # to revert the array
I would like to ask which method must be implemented to get this
"special"
slice getters. The "simple" slice PySequenceMethods.sq_slice getter
accepts
only two indexes - from, to, but not a step (which would solve the
issue).
Thank you very much for your ansver, best regards
Dan T.