Pythonification of the asterisk-based collection packing/unpacking syntax

Eelco hoogendoorn.eelco at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 09:39:39 EST 2011

On Dec 20, 4:30 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 8:15 pm, Eelco <hoogendoorn.ee... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What does that have to do with collection packing/unpacking?
>
> It's mocking your insistance that collection unpacking is a type
> constraint.

This is really going to be the last time I waste any words on this:

The sentence 'collection unpacking is a type constraint' is entirely
nonsensical. A type constraint is a linguistical construct that can be
applied in many ways; typically, to narrow down the semantics of use
of the symbol to which the type constraint is applied.

In case of python, collection PACKING (not unpacking) is signaled by a
construct that can be viewed as a type constraint. But if you dont
want to fortify your view of the syntax by looking at what it is
actually going on, ill repeat again; lets keep things simple, and not
analyze it in detail.

So here it is again, in terms every 5 year old can understand. Id like
to do the exact same thing python is already doing. Except with a few
more, and different symbols, to enable one to express a few different
variants of behavior. Clear enough?