Learning Python 2.4

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:41:38 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have Python 2.7 and Python 3.2.2 installed on my machine.
> I don't use Python 2.7 because i am a member of some secret "Python
> Historical Commission"

Shun 3.2.2, it's way too old. The ONLY version of Python worth using
is the bleeding-edge from source control! Otherwise you ARE on the
Historical Commission.

Seriously... to the OP, ignore Rick's doom-and-gloom about old
Pythons. If you have a book that teaches 2.4, you can almost certainly
use what it teaches with a more recent 2.X interpreter (eg 2.7.2). You
may have problems trying to use that book with a 3.X interpreter,
though.

ChrisA