[OT] Quick intro to C++ for a Python and C user?

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Tue Dec 20 13:36:53 EST 2011

On 2011-12-20, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Would anybody care to recommend online C++ resources for a long
> time C and Python user?  (I'm also familiar with Smalltalk,
> Scheme, FORTRAN, bash, Javascript, and a variety of assembly
> languages.)

The best book I know of to get you writing useful C++ quickly is
Accelerated C++ by Koenig/Moo. It's not free online, though. It
starts with an excellent introduction to using the STL and works
it's way slowly down the abstraction ladder to using pointers and
inheritance last of all.

Iterators turn out to be an excellent starting point for learning
pointers, though since you already know C that won't do you as
much good.

--
Neil Cerutti