IPython 0.12 is out!

Wanderer wanderer at dialup4less.com
Tue Dec 20 11:14:42 EST 2011

On Dec 19, 11:00 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 4:07 am, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
>
> > The windows installer didn't work but installing from the tar file
> > did. But installing from the tar file doesn't install Ipython in the
> > site-packages directory. It installs it wherever you untar the tar
> > file. I don't remember ever having to deal with this before. Most
> > things just install in the site-packages directory without me having
> > to do anything special.
>
> You read the installation instructions and did a 'python setup.py
> install' as it states, yes?
>
> Installed that way for Python 2.7.2 under Win64 with no issues
> whatsoever.

No I scrolled down to the Windows directions and used
setuptools,'python setupegg.py install' It works but it is installed
in 'C:Python27\Lib\site-packages\ipython-0.12.tar\dist\ipython-0.12'
which is weird. I used 7zip to unzip and untar it maybe that is the
issue.

I'm using winXP. I should be getting my system upgraded to Win7 any
day now, so I'm going to leave it where it is for now.

Thanks