Python education survey

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:45:47 EST 2011

On Dec 20, 2:14 am, Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:

> For teaching, I think it's better to come around with something simpler
> than a full-blown IDE, so that you can show off interactive development,
> help() and other introspection features. IMHO much better than hiding all
> that behind an IDE,

That is a damn good point Stefan. Too many noobs step passed the
introspection features of Python without knowing what happened. help,
dir, type, isinstance, id... to name a few. Heck for most things,
considering you have at least basic programming experience, the help
function is all you need to learn the language.