% is not an operator [was Re: Verbose and flexible args and kwargs syntax]

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 21:11:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:40:11 -0800, Eelco wrote:

>>> Double negations n Goedelian situations have interesting implications
>>> (tho here its triple)
>>
>> Heh. Well at least my extra (unintended) negation is semantically
>> consistent with the actual english usage of the phrase, which omits the
>> negation completely :). (I could care less)
>
> Oh please. "I could care less" is not English. That's American.
>
> Here in Australia, we follow the English practice of saying that we
> couldn't care less.
Well the phrase is still somewhat controversial in the US. I never
heard it until age 19 (in 1966) and have always been somewhat
disdainful of those using it. But it appears to be hopeless.
 http://articles.boston.com/2010-10-24/lifestyle/29303907_1_care-peeves-decades