Screen Control Fullscreen ON/OFF

Nizamov Shawkat nizamov.shawkat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 06:44:46 EST 2011

>> I would like to make fullscreen white and fullscreen black using
>> Python on Linux. With in the specs of the LCD, I want to be able to
>> display fullscreen white and black approximately at 30Hz. Frequency
>> (on/off per second) will be input manually which is between 1-40Hz.
>> Any idea where to start ? Can Python perform such fast thing ?
>
> Forgot to mention and sorry for the pollution ;
>
> My LCD has 2ms respond time thus it can handle a maximum of 50Hz ON/
> OFF (white/black) thus seems to fit my 1-40Hz range. I am not asking
> or looking for a fully working code, I just need some directions.

It depends on whether you want sync to vblank or not. If not, that is
pretty easy - use sleep() or something similar. If you have to use
sync (screen is always either black or white, never partly black and
white) then it is much much more difficult. Actually I do not know of
any way to sync to it.

Once upon a time I had a P-3/500 linux box with homemade python
program that would wait for RTC interrupts (which was set to 8192 Hz
frequency) and performed different combinations of ADC/DAC/Digital-IO
at required timesteps . It worked really very well and with
submillisecond resolution.

Hope it helps,
S.Nizamov