Documentation for python-evolution - where?

tinnews at isbd.co.uk tinnews at isbd.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 11:40:43 EST 2011

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM,  <tinnews at isbd.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the python evolution (as in Gnome Evolution) module
> > but I can't find any documetation beyond the odd trivial example and
> > the API documentation at http://doc.conduit-project.org/evolution-python/
> > (or similar places presumably).
>
> One of the downsides of software you don't pay money for is that, all
> too often, there's little or no documentation. One of the upsides of
> free software is that you can look at the source code. I don't know
> anything about Python-Evolution, but if you're prepared to do a bit of
> digging, you can probably find what you want here:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-python-desktop/tree/evolution/

Yes, thank you, I couldn't even find that.

> (You probably have a copy of the same content on your own hard disk
> somewhere, too.)
>
> Once you figure out what you wanted, do consider sending a patch to
> the maintainer(s), improving the docstrings and/or external
> documentation, so the next person has an easier task. :)

Actually I'm not sure if it's down to the docstrings because the help
available from Python itself stops (not unreasonably) at the interface
to the C library code.  What I was after (and you have told me where
it is) was the functions/methods available from the C library.

--
Chris Green