Documentation for python-evolution - where?

tinnews at isbd.co.uk tinnews at isbd.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 17:28:19 EST 2011

I'm trying to use the python evolution (as in Gnome Evolution) module
but I can't find any documetation beyond the odd trivial example and
the API documentation at http://doc.conduit-project.org/evolution-python/
(or similar places presumably).

The trouble with the API documentation is that it tells me that
evolution.ebook has three functions:-

    get_self_contact(...)
    list_addressbooks(...)
    open_addressbook(...)

but then there is no documentation at all that I can find which tells
me what the functions return and the functions/methods that can be
called on the returned data.

I know that open_addressbook() returns an address book (surprise!) but
then, except for what I can glean from the examples I can find, there
doesn't seem to any documentation on what methods I can call on the
returned address book to extract data from it.

Can anyone point me at anything with a bit of detail about the
evolution module?

--
Chris Green