whitespace cleanup

Pedro Henrique G. Souto pedro.h.souto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:17:12 EST 2011

On 06/12/2011 10:06, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Andrea Crotti
> <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Well it's not so simple, I clearly don't want to strip out whitespace in the
>> beginning of the line,
>> or my nice code will break miserably ;)
>
> The question is: What is "wrong" whitespace? Whatever you declare to
> be wrong, you can probably come up with a regexp or other spec that
> will catch it (or conversely, declare some pattern to be "right" and
> look for anything else).
>
> ChrisA

Something like PythonTidy does what you want?

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PythonTidy

If you like to write your own script, or if what you want is similar,
but not the same, the source code is a good place to start:

http://lacusveris.com/PythonTidy/PythonTidy-1.20.python

--
Att;
Pedro Henrique G. Souto