Pythonbrew is not installing Python 2.7 successfully

Patrick Wayodi patrickwayodi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:16:30 EST 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to install Python 2.7 using Pythonbrew on a Debian
GNU/Linux system, but I've failed. This is the output I got on my
terminal:

root at debian:~# pythonbrew install /home/guest/python27
Copying /home/guest/python27 into /root/.pythonbrew/build/Python-python27

This could take a while. You can run the following command on another
shell to track the status:
  tail -f /root/.pythonbrew/log/build.log

Installing Python-python27 into /root/.pythonbrew/pythons/Python-python27
ERROR: Failed to install Python-python27. See
/root/.pythonbrew/log/build.log to see why.
  pythonbrew install --force python27
root at debian:~#

The log file build.log was empty. Please help me.

Patrick.