Can't install pycrypto

becky_lewis bex.lewis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 08:38:45 EST 2011

My best guess from the error and a quick look at the setup.py file is
that during setup "chmod 0755 configure" is trying to run but failing.
I'm guessing that you're on windows and don't actually have chmod,
hence the error.

The project on github looks active so you could go and ask for a
windows friendly setup.py file and install using:
python setup.py install

or you could attempt to edit it yourself. I'd suggest asking for a
windows friendly file on github as they will either give you a reason
for it not being possible or will make the fix and everybody can
benefit :)

Hope that helps,

Becky Lewis