Install Python on Windows without Start Menu icons?

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:52:37 EST 2011

On 12/05/2011 07:01 PM, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> "Pedro Henrique G. Souto"<pedro.h.souto at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 02/12/2011 16:34, snorble wrote:
>>> Is it possible to automate the Python installation on Windows using
>>> the MSI file so it does not add a Start Menu folder? I would like to
>>> push out Python to all of my office workstations, but I'd like for it
>>> to be relatively silent from the user's point of view.
>>
>> If you just want to run python scripts in those machines (not developing
>> in it), you can use something like py2exe [http://www.py2exe.org/].
>
> That doesn't answer the question.

But it may solve his problem, which is the whole point.

Often in discussions, an OP may ask the wrong question that does not
solve their problem or is a roundabout way to solve their problem (and
it may not necessarily be their fault that they asked the wrong
question). Which is why it is often best to describe the actual problem
in addition to asking a specific question.