Fwd: class print method...

Suresh Sharma ss27051980 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 06:18:12 EST 2011

Pls help its really frustrating
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suresh Sharma
Date: Monday, December 5, 2011
Subject: class print method...
To: "d at davea.name" <d at davea.name>

Dave,
Thanx for the quick response, i am sorry that i did not explain correctly
look at the code below inspite of this i am just getting class object at
memory location.I am sort i typed all this code on my android in a hurry
so.indentation could.not.be.managed but this.similar code when i run all my
objects created by class deck are not shown but stored in varioia meory
locations. How can i display them.

Please help

Suit=[aces,clubs,diamonds,hearts]
Rank=[2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,j,Q,K,A]
class Card:
Def __init__(self,rannk,suiit):
Self.suiit=suiit
Self.rannk=rannk

Def __str__(self):
Return suit[suiit],rank[rannk]

Class deck:
Def __init__(cards):
Self.cards=[ ]
For suit in range(4):
For rank in range(13):
Self.cards.append(Card(suit,rank))

Def __str__(self):
s = ""
For card in self.cards:
S = str(self.cards)
Return s.

On Monday, December 5, 2011, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:
> On 12/05/2011 02:11 AM, Suresh Sharma wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>> I am new to python and i have stuck up on a particular issue with
classes,
>> i understand this might be a very dumb question but please help me out.
>>
>> I have created two classes and whenever i try to print the objects i get
>> this message but not the data,  __main__.cards instance at ****(memory
>> location) i even tried using __str__ but calling it also produces the
same
>> result. Can anyone please help me how to get my objects printed. I
googled
>> a lot but could not find anything relevant.
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> regards
>> suresh
>>
> You were close, but you have it backward.  You don't call __str__() to
print an object, you implement __str__() in your object.

--
Suresh Sharma
Regional Project Manager,

--