order independent hash?

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 4 08:41:19 EST 2011

Op 2011-12-02 6:48, 88888 Dihedral schreef:
> A hash stores (k,v) pairs specified in the run time with auto memory
> management build in is not a simple hash function to produce data
> signatures only clearly in my post.
>
> What I said a hash which is lifted as a basic type in python  is
> called a dictionary in python.
>
> It is called a map in c++'s generics library.

Not exactly: a C++ std::map uses a tree structure (which is why it keeps
the keys sorted). C++ STL also has std::hash_map which, as the name
implies, does use a hash table implementation.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven