Django ported to Python3!

Ron ursusmaximus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:03:18 EST 2011

Thanks Stefan for clarifying that. I guess Martin deserves most of the
credit.

But I still admire how Sajip jumped in, and I especially admire how
the core team accepted his work without taking a "Not Invented Here"
attitude.

I sure hope the port is accepted into the main trunk soon. There is
just such a huge difference bewtween "90% done" and actually released.
Often code is 90% done but is never finished. And Django has such
enormous psychological significance for Python 3. Many important
projects will never begin serious porting until after Django
officially supports Python 3. And many Python folks will finally start
to take Python 3 seriously only when Django does announce official
support.

Ron