Python 2 or 3

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:20:19 EST 2011

On 12/2/2011 9:54 PM, Antti J Ylikoski wrote:
> What is the opinion of the wizards here, shall I learm Python 2 or
> Python 3?  I'm posting this here because I feel that this point is
> interesting to other students of Python.
Unless you are tied to Python 2 in some way, go for Python 3 and don't
look back. There are a few major software projects that still do not
support Python 3 (more and more are getting ported or replaced as time
goes on), and many production systems are still using Python 2, but
don't let /potential/ roadblocks keep you away from Python 3. Another
thing to note is that, at least AFAICT, Jython, IronPython and PyPy are
not going to support Python 3 any time soon, so if you need to use one
of them, Python 2 is the way to go.

--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640 | Thunderbird 7.0