is there any principle when writing python function

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 12:57:50 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> Forget about your successor.  Will *you* be able to figure out what you
> did 6 months from now?  I can't tell you how many times I've looked at
> some piece of code, muttered, "Who wrote this crap?" and called up the
> checkin history only to discover that *I* wrote it :-)

Heh. In that case, you were your own successor :) I always word it as
a different person to dodge the "But I'll remember!" excuse, but you
are absolutely right, and I've had that exact same experience myself.

Fred comes up to me and says, "How do I use FooMatic?" Me: "I dunno,
ask Joe." Fred: "But didn't you write it?" Me: "Yeah, that was years
ago, I've forgotten. Ask Joe, he still uses the program."

ChrisA