Announcing a new podcast: Radio Free Python

Michael Hunter tahoemph at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:51:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
[...]
>> No, please don't announce the next one.  There should be a RSS feed.
>> But please do announce the feed at regular intervals.

Note, I didn't say announce the feed each release.  In fact, I didn't
even say announce the feed in this channel.

> You're kidding, right?  Instead of an alert for each podcast release which
> says, "Hey, there's something there right now!" you would rather have an
> alert that says, "Hey, check out this RSS feed, which may have nothing on it
> for another three weeks until the next podcast is ready!" ??

No, you use the RSS feed to notify interested parties that a new
podcast is available.  You advertise the feed in a general way to get
new users.  Those are different things.

> I vote with Terry.

Not sure how either of you was thinking but I do think the podcast
author should use RSS.

                Michael