try... except with unknown error types

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Aug 23 04:43:18 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 04:42:04 AM Chris Angelico did opine:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid>
wrote:
> > Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
> >> Ehh, granted. Definitely a case of "should". But certainly, there
> >> won't be an infinite number of new exceptions invented;
> >
> > Right, the number is finite, but the issue is that it's unknown.  It's
> > like never knowing whether you've fixed the last bug in a program.
>
> Yeah. Oh, I know when I've fixed the last bug in a program. It's the
> day the program gets deleted. Until then? Nope.
>
> ChrisA

OTOH, ChrisA, I have it on good authority that no program is ever finished,
until someone shoots the programmer.  :)

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
<http://204.111.25.156:85/gene/>

Practice is the best of all instructors.
		-- Publilius