List spam

George mydevgroup at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:48:47 EDT 2011

I find python group is filled with spam mails, is there any way to filter
these mails before sending it to the group.
I can't see this situation with similar user group, such as the jsr.

George.

On 20/08/2011 07:07, "Ben Finney" <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Javier <nospam at nospam.com> writes:

> You will lose a lot of people
> asking/answering interesting stuff, and
> maybe eventually the list will
> die.

I don't think it would die, but the chances are greater that it
> would
become insular and further disconnected from the Python community,
> and
hence far less useful.

> Me (like many people with little free time)
> seldom post in
> blogs/forums/mailing lists where I need to register.

+1

--

 \              ³Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does |
  `\
> knowledge.² ‹Charles Darwin, _The Descent of Man_, 1871 |
_o__)

Ben Finney