Replacement for the shelve module?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:24:15 EDT 2011

On 8/19/11 3:36 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> By the way, you know that you should never, ever use floats for currency,
> right?

That's just incorrect. You shouldn't use (binary) floats for many *accounting*
purposes, but for many financial/econometric analyses, floats are de rigeur and
work much better than decimals (either floating or fixed point). If you are
collecting gigs of stock prices, you are much more likely to be doing the latter
than the former.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."