Word Perfect integration

aspineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:11:07 EDT 2011

On Aug 18, 7:00 pm, Ethan Furman <et... at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> I have WordPerfect v13 which we are currently using for letter merges.
> I would like to automate this with Python instead of learning the WP
> Macro language.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers?

paper letter or eletronic mail merger ?

What you need is :

- 1. write a "template" in WP with tag like <NAME> <DATE> <ADDRESS>
- 2. make a database with the corresponding data
- 3. replace tag by data from a database, and generate a new WP
document
- 4. print all these ducument.

1 & 2 are not programming related
3. Should not be impossible, look at the wp binary file if you can
find and replace the tag
4. More difficult: can you start a print job from a command line ? or
put all file in
a directory, then start WP and ask him to print all file in this
directory or create print job and
put them in a queue and hope WP will process the queue.

Regards

> ~Ethan~

Alain