List spam

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 18 15:58:39 EDT 2011

> I did check, though.  I found a free, open news server with
> comp.lang.python after 6 that didn't work.  Unfortunately, the one I
> found is read-only.  I'll have to do some more looking if I want to
> participate in the newsgroup.  I set it up in Thunderbird.

I read and post to this and other Python lists via news.gmane.org (free)
with Thunderbird. It mirrors 1000s of technical mail lists, including
200+ with 'python'. I believe it therefore has less spam than c.l.p (ie,
minus whatever gets filtered out by the pipermail at python.org). First
post to any list requires a response to an email. Uptime is pretty good.

--
Terry Jan Reedy