Wait for a keypress before continuing?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:19:25 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Seebs <usenet-nospam at seebs.net> wrote:
>> Yes, even the common term "command line" is foreign to me. I do
>> some powerful stuff in Windows, without need for a command line.
>
> So apparently you *do* know the term.  Normally, to say that a term is
> foreign to you is to say that you have no idea what it means, not that
> you know what it means but don't use it.

Unless you're saying it for deliberate effect.

Smith: "To whom do you pay rent?"
Arcadian girl: "Rent? We do not know what it is to pay rent!"
Smith: "Ah. They're Irish."

They know full well what "rent" means, but don't truly comprehend the
concept, as they've never done it. I would say that for many people,
command lines are the same thing. For me, photo editing is like that.

ChrisA