How to install easy_install on windows ?

aspineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:39:54 EDT 2011

On Aug 16, 2:17 pm, smith jack <thinke... at gmail.com> wrote:
> it needs read registry, but the python i used is extracted from .zip,
> so there is no record in the registry,

Noone need it, Python dont use any registry key

> what should i do in order to install easy_install for my python environment?

get ez_setup.py from http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py

in a command prompt run
C:\Your Python Directory\python.exe  C:\Your Download directory
\ez_setup.py

Then use

C:\Your Python Directory\python.exe C:\Your Python Directory\I dont
know where the easy_install script will be installed\easy_install.py
install module_name

to install a modul_name

Regards